The Internet portal of the YSU’s cooperation with enterprises has been established to enhance the efficiency of that cooperation. The portal contains a database of YSU business partners, information on the members of the departmental councils for cooperation with enterprises and the undertaken activities as well as advertisements of internships, vacancies and trainings. To increase the cooperation efficiency the YSU conducts numerous projects, organizes events, meetings, conferences, receptions attended by actors of the labour market – representatives and experts of the public and private sectors as well as knowledgeable representatives of the University.
The cooperation between the enterprises and YSU proceeds in the following directions:
- participation of business representatives in the development, adoption and monitoring of educational programmes,
- involvement of business representatives as trainer,
- organization of curricular and extra-curricular practicum,
- implementation of programmes for facilitation of student and alumni professional career development
- support in the employment of YSU students and alumni,
- implementation of training programmes in association with the enterprises,
- training of the enterprises’ staff,
- undertaking activities aimed at building business reputation etc.
The priority areas in the partnership with the enterprises are:
- information technologies,
- microelectronics and telecommunication,
- food safety and biotechnology,
- tourism and services
- management, marketing, finances, banking and insurance,
- psychological services,
- legal counselling.
The work with the enterprises is coordinated by the Standing Committee for Cooperation with Enterprises adjunct to the YSU Academic Council, which was created in 2013 on the initiative of the Alumni and Career Centre and endorsement by the YSU Academic Council. The YSU Rector Aram Simonyan is the Chair of the Committee and the members include all Vice-rectors, Heads of Departments, some of the heads of administrative infrastructures and representatives of student structures. Committee secretarial activities are carried out by the YSU Alumni and Career Center.
Cooperation of YSU with enterprises is based on YSU Strategy of the Cooperation with Enterprises, which defines the main principles, priorities and operational formats of the YSU’s work with the Armenian public and private companies and enterprises as well as a variety of international organizations. The units engaged in the direct cooperation with the enterprises are those dealing with the training process, i.e. departments and centres, and to that end the departments have established Councils for Cooperation with Enterprises.
The comprehensive database of YSU business partners is maintained by YSU Alumni and Career Centre, which also takes steps to involve new partners and regularly holds events aimed at strengthening the cooperation with the enterprises. For promoting the relevant activates and encouraging students’ motivation the YSU Alumni and Career Center organizes regular fairs, visits to business, meetings, discussions and workshop trainings.