Faculty of Physics was founded in 1933; its structure includes 7 chairs. Faculty offers around 15 educational programs for bachelors and masters. The faculty has 400 students and 100 lecturers.
For more information, please, visit the website of the faculty.
Faculty of Physics is one of the recognized scientific centers of the republic. Scientific work is carried out at the seven problematic laboratories as well as in the framework of international scientific programs. It has active links with many famous foreign physics research centers. Internship is organized at NAS RA, schools and other organizations.
In order to coordinate the cooperation with the enterprises, council of the faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises has been formed according to the "Regulation of the council of YSU faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises.”
Composition of the council of the faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises.
1. Roland Avagyan (Dean)
2. Roman Allahverdyan (Chair of Optics, Head of Chair)
3. Gohar Harutunyan (Academician Gourgen Sahakyan's Chair of Theoretical Physics, Head of Chair)
4. Atom Muradyan (Academician Victor Ambardzoumyan's Chair of General Physics and Astrophysics, Head of Chair)
5. Albert Kirakosyan (Chair of Solid States, Head of Chair)
6. Anahit Balabekyan (Chair of Nuclear Physics, Head of Chair)
7. Eva Dalyan (Chair of Molecular Physics, Head of Chair)
8. Artak Mkrtchyan (IAPP NAS RA, Head)
9. Vachagan Harutyunyan
10. Tigran Movsisyan
11. Vasiliy Cakanov ("CANDLE" Synchrotron Research Institute, Director)
The list of partner enterprises of the faculty.
1. "Armenian Nuclear Power Plant” CJSC
2. "CANDLE" Synchrotron Research Institute
3. Cosmic Rays Center
4. Yerevan Physics Institute after A. Alikhanyan