1. The purpose of the project
To contribute to the recognition of the higher education system of Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine and Belarus (Eastern Partnership region) through the development of the internationalization and integration in the structural and cultural components of higher education management.
2. Project objectives
• to introduce the international component in university teaching, educational-methodological and scientific functions and processes based on the development and implementation of appropriate strategies;
• to develop internationalization elements for the operating of training programs, exchange of tutors and students, technical cooperation of universities;
• to identify and develop new skills among students, tutors and administrative staff to promote internationalization;
• to promote cultural development, which contributes to the evaluation of the cross-cultural and international perspectives.
3. Brief description of project
The program is aimed at the increasing of international reputation of YSU, professional competence of the professorial staff, the development of the higher education system via comparison with international trends, the strengthening of international cooperation with foreign universities, organizational and cultural support to the foreign students of YSU.
The project is being implemented through the consortium of European and CIS countries, which includes 18 universities, 2 associations, 4 ministries. Armenian side is represented byYerevanStateUniversity, Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts,GavarStateUniversity, State Engineering University of Armenia,NationalCenterfor Quality Assurance and Ministry of Education and Science.
4. Project schedule
• Qualification rising of the staff of the departments, engaged in the international affairs of the universities and lecturers,
• Development of educational-methodological materials, directed to the international activities of the universities,
• Revising of roles and functions of the units, providing the international activities at the universities,
• Development of principles and strategies of internationalization of universities,
• Identification of educational programs with the principles of internationalization,
• Creation of information campaigns, which should be aimed at the dissemination of project results,
• To ensure the sustainability of the project,
• Project management and quality assurance.
5. Expected results
• Universities of the European Eastern Partnership region have rules and processes that contribute to the internalization of teaching, learning and research activities.
• The academic programs of the member universities are reviewed with the aim of introducing components of internationalization, as well as student and researchers’ exchange.
• Employees of the faculties and departments of international cooperation gain new knowledge.
• Quality standards for effective management of internationalization processes are introduced.
• The member universities form a special culture and traditions relevant to the international and intercultural perspectives and initiatives.
6. Project Coordinator: Alexander Markarov
7. The total budget of the project -1,065,867.68 euros
8. Start of the project – 2013
9. Completion of the project - 2016