Prior to the presentation of candidates and voting Head of the Department of Public Relations and Information Karen Grigoryan presented to the members of the Academic Council the program, as a result of which it will be possible to make a virtual tour at the university. The tour will include six floors of the Main Building, the Big Hall and Cultural Centre, as well as several buildings’ courtyards. This is the link of the virtual tour on the official website of the university.
“In the near future we will include in the program also the Museum of History of Yerevan State University, as well as other buildings, including the “Black building”,” - said Mr. Grigoryan.
Then YSU Academic Council started the discussion of the recommendations of candidates. Please, see below the list of the nominees for the title of NAS RA Academician:
• Gagik Kryuchkyan - specialty of “Laser Physics and Astronomy”
• Albert Kirakosyan - specialty of “Condensed Matter Physics”
• Gagik Ghazinyan - specialty of “Jurisprudence”
Please, see below the list of the nominees for the title of NAS RA Associate Member:
• Atom Muradyan - specialty of “Laser Physics”
• Tariel Kochikyan - specialty of “Chemistry”
• Gevorg Pirumyan - specialty of “Ecology”
• Zhenya Kalantaryan - specialty of “Literature”
• Seda Gasparyan - specialty of “Linguistics”
Two candidates were nominated for the specialty “Mathematics”. Via secret ballot, Head of the Chair of Higher Mathematics of the Faculty of Physics Martin Grigoryan was recommended for the participation in the competition.
The only current issue of the session related to the elimination of the Division of Procurements, Supply and Storage. By the decision of the Academic Council, the division was eliminated: the Department of Procurements and Storage was opened on its basis.
According to YSU Rector Aram Simonyan, the work will be facilitated by the fact that the processes of planning and procurement will be combined.