- Mrs. Shakaryan, what did this cooperation give to you?
- Throughout my stay in Madrid, Spain I have shared my knowledge and experience in the sphere of Gender Studies both with students and professors of Faculty of Political Science and Sociology. I have expanded my knowledge in the field, gathered new teaching materials and resources and elaborated international academic network.
I have an outstanding opportunity to collaborate with Prof. Emmanuela Lombardo, to acquaint with her scientific works in the sphere of Gender Studies and carry lectures with her in her classes. It was significant experience for me to work with the students from different cultures and have their comments and feedback.
- What were the themes of your lectures?
- I have carried lectures (4 hours) for bachelor level students in Political Science providing power point presentation on the theme “Discourse of Gender in Media: How Gender Shapes Meaning”. Lecturers have been based on the theoretical concept of well known theorist, in the sphere of gender studies, Julia Wood and results of sociological research conducted by me within the framework of Armenian media.
I have discussions and opportunity to compare Armenian and Spanish society based on researches conducted for Armenian reality and for Spanish Reality.
- What do you particularly appreciate in Gender Studies?
- The thing I appreciate the most is the discussions and comments of the professors over the challenges of Gender Issues in modern world. Issue of gender can be distinguished as a type of social phenomenon which is in the field of interest in several sciences and can be analyzed from the different perspectives. I explore it from the perspectives of sociology - presenting gender as a social construct of the reality and it was interesting to me to explore it from the political perspective as well.
- What perspectives of cooperation can you see?
-I am going to implement comparative analysis with Prof. Mar Maira who have conducted several researches in this sphere and with whom we still continue to work.
I would like to thank all those who have contributed me during my stay, particularly Prof. Emmanuela Lombardo, Prof. Mar Maira and Inmaculada Luis. This is a beginning of valuable academic collaboration and gender studies development in my native country. I think Erasmus + program provide outstanding opportunity especially for young lecturers to elaborate international academic network, to engage in curriculum development and explore alternative teaching methodologies, expand their knowledge in their fields and gather new teaching materials and resources.