Today, the session of YSU Rectorate was held in the hall of sessions of YSU Academic Council, during which members discussed the order of the Minister of Education and Science on the requirements for scientific publications for the publication of the main provisions of the dissertation.
Main provisions of the results of candidate and doctoral theses before the defense of theses are published in the reviewed scientific journals of international significance, in collections of abstracts of international scientific conferences or in scientific journals included in the list established by the HAC.
According to the order of the Minister of Education and Science after January 20, 2014, editions of this list should meet a number of criteria:
• the publication should be published on the recommendation of the scientific center, scientific organization, academic council of the state or accredited institution of higher education;
• should have an editorial board, which is composed of doctors of science in the relevant area, should have some professional involvement in accordance with scientific spheres;
• should be periodic - publish at least two issues per year, should be printed in at least 100 copies, should be delivered to the National Book Chamber of Armenia, the National Library of Armenia, special libraries. Applications or additional issues not equate to these editions.
• should have a web site that will make available the summaries of all the works in Armenian, Russian and English languages (50-60 pages), keywords, information on author;
• should be registered in the system of international standard numbering (ISSN) and have the ISSN code;
• foreign-language edition should have Armenian cover sheet;
• published works should be reviewed or recommended to publication: all the recommendations are stored in the editorial house and, if necessary, given to the HAC.
YSU Vice-rector on Scientific Policy and International Cooperation Gegham Gevorgyan presented the members of the Rectorate the new criteria, after which the participants of the meeting started the debates.
Mr. Gevorgyan said that in the near future faculties will have to submit applications to the appropriate journals, which, being discussed by the Rectorate and Academic Council will be presented to the HAC.
We should add that, according to the order of the Minister of Education and Science, scientific collections should also be published once a year, comply with mandatory requirements for scientific journals, registered in the ISBN system and have ISBN code. If the publication meets the above mentioned requirements it may be included in the list, established by the HAC. The list will be reviewed every year and at the recommendation of the Board of HAC will be posted on the official website of the RA HAC.
To be included in the list the fact that the publication is included in any of the citation systems “Web of Science” or “Scopus” will be enough.
YSU Rector Aram Simonyan presented for discussion the issue of the quality of papers, published in the yearbooks at the faculties. He noted that instead of the yearbooks the major part of scientific results should be concentrated in the journals.