YSU library was founded on February 28, 1920, based on the fund of the library of the Yerevan Teachers’ Seminary. Hakob Manandyan was appointed temporary manager of the library, and on his initiative, the library was replenished with valuable literature. The book funds of Yerevan Diocesan School, Gevorgyan Seminary, and other institutions were handed over to the university library. After Lazarian Seminary in Moscow, Nersisian School in Tbilisi, and donations from individuals, at the end of 1921, the library's book assets amounted to 25,000 units.
On November 8, 1922, the ceremonial opening of the library took place. After about 5 years, the book fund doubled. Today YSU scientific library has about 1.5 million units of literature.