Faculty of Journalism
The Department of Journalism at Yerevan State University was founded in 1949-1950. In 1954, among the first graduates of the journalism department were famous writers and public speakers Vardges Petrosyan, Artashes Kalantaryan, Dr. Of Philology Lida Gevorgyan, one of the devotees of Armenian press history, and others. There are also many famous names among the graduates of the following years.
The Department of Journalism originally operated as part of the Faculty of Philology and was periodically closed and reopened through the efforts of dedicated and visionary individuals. Finally, on October 1, 1999, the Faculty of Journalism was founded by the decision of the YSU Academic Council.
The faculty operates a three-level system of full-time and part-time education: the latter was established in 2007 providing a bachelor's degree and in 2011, a Master's degree as well. During their studies, students receive high-quality professional education, acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills and becoming sought-after and competitive professionals in the labor market. The best graduates of the Master's degree educational programs continue their studies in post-graduate studies and then join the faculty.
Dean: candidate of philological sciences,
associate professor Naghash Martirosyan
The dean's office:
Tel.: (+374 60) 710 567, (+374 60) 710 568
(Inner line: 55-67, 55-68)